YAPPIKA-ActionAid is seeking a Fundraising Manager to oversee an individual giving of fundraising program that includes in-house face-to-face fundraising, outsourced (external vendor) face-to-face fundraising, donor loyalty program, and other potential sources of individual giving fundraising. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable and experienced about fundraising or a closely related marketing activity (for example, direct sales), who is expected to provide strong leadership in implementing YAPPIKA-ActionAid’s 10-Year Fundraising Strategy and Plan (2016-2025). The fundraising target for 2019 is the recruitment of 6.500 new regular donors, with adequate budget available for new donor acquisition, donor loyalty, and support services.
The focus will be on acquiring donors who make contributions on a regular basis (primarily monthly). Current channels and products should deliver a targeted Return on Investment (ROI) to raise substantial funds to support YAPPIKA-ActionAid programs. This position will also require overseeing the development and testing of new acquisition channels and fundraising products.
This is a long-term post with a starting contract of one year. Candidate should be a self-starting, motivated and confident individual who brings the required skills in the key areas outlined below.
The post reports to: Fundraising Director
Duty station: Jakarta
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
Management of Staff
- Lead a fundraising team of 5 (head of key fundraising areas), including regular supervision sessions and appraisals, to reach the targeted fundraising goals for each year.
- Contribute to key strategic organizational goals of YAPPIKA and its fundraising activities.
- Develop, manage or oversee relationships and contracts with external suppliers.
- Report regularly on the performance of the fundraising team to Fundraising Director.
Fundraising Program Delivery
- Responsible for delivery of fundraising targets under her/his management.
- With FR Director and staff, ensure systems are in place to manage donor relations, including supporter services, financial processing, financial reporting, and databases.
- With FR Director and staff, test new channels for recruiting supporters or raising funds.
- With FR Director and staff, test and develop appropriate fundraising products.
- With FR staff, ensure constant monitoring and refining of a supporter retention strategy.
- Ensure fundraising activities comply with relevant legal regulations.
- Ensure fundraising activities reflect the values of YAPPIKA-ActionAid and its programs.
- Share skills and information with AA International Fundraising Teams and other sections.
- Work to increase fundraising program performance across all channels.
- Monitor all activities against targets and key performance indicators.
- Together with FR Director, develop an annual expense budget and income projections.
- Monitor results against planning, advise management of significant deviations.
- Provide regular reporting on the progress of fundraising plan and budget (weekly and monthly).
- Identify and develop opportunities to increase income and improve cost efficiency.
- With FR Director, work with YAPPIKA-ActionAid Senior Staff in long-term Strategic Planning.
- At least four (4) years of experience in marketing, communications and/or fundraising, at least two (2) of those managing marketing and/or fundraising operations or teams.
- Experience should also include donor recruitment or customer sales using direct sales channels.
- Marketing-related financial management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency in the use of standard computer software (Microsoft Office).
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia (strong written and spoken) and English (middle skills in written and spoken).
- Commitment to YAPPIKA-ActionAid’s mission, vision, work and values.
- Positive work attitude, and ability to work in a team setting.
- Proven success in fundraising in the civil society/international NGO environment.
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in Marketing or related field.
- Experience in managing customer service or loyalty programs.
- Experience in managing external agencies.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit CV with Motivation Letter by e-mail to: email@example.com
- Include words “Fundraising Manager” in Subject line of email message
- Applications in English (preferred) or Bahasa Indonesia.
Deadline for Applications is 31 December 2018.