Direct Supervisor : Public Campaign National Coordinator
Works with : Public Campaigners, Team Leaders
Base in : Surabaya
Contract type : 6 – Month contract and possibly to be extended based on the
The Event & Venue Campaign Officer is responsible for sourcing venues that meet the needs and ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of Public Campaigner fundraising program in surabaya and Yogyakarta, as well as East and Central Java areas that allow travel team.
Key Performance Areas and Main Responsibilities:
• Research and acquire new venues suitable for Public Campaign fundraising.
• Work on and update all proposals and presentations required to secure venues.
• Meet with Marketing/Mall/Venue Managers to negotiate venues at little to no cost.
• Conduct a demo to mall managers who wish to be briefed about the program.
• Maintain ongoing and favorable relations with current venue contacts.
• Send thank you letters and proposals asking for ongoing permits to contacts from previously utilized venues.
• In conjunction with Public Campaign Fundraising Coordinator, implement new strategies to attract and keep high performing venues.
• Maintain the loading in and loading out for booth in the venue.
• Maintain a timely roster of confirmed venues.
• Acquire all required gate passes and permits for PC Team Leaders to set up stands.
• Communicate all venue requirements, hours, necessary stand materials, mall contact information etc. to PC Team Leaders.
• Coordinate with Team Leaders to confirm venue info with them.
• Complete weekly progress reports for the Public Campaign Coordinator.
• Ensure clear communication with Public Campaign Coordinator asking for assistance with necessary.
• Monitor stock levels of materials required for the stands and request these from PC Coordinator when low.
• Assist the PC Coordinator from time to time when or if possible and necessary.
• Meet weekly with Team Leader and PC Coordinator to discuss venue progress reports.
• Any other tasks relevant to the position scope as directed by the Public Campaign Coordinator.
Essential Values, Behaviors and Skills:
• Excellent verbal communication (English)
• Strong written skills (both English ), including the ability to interpret and re-write information
• Time, task and record management skills
• Ability to work independently without direct supervision
• Planning and evaluation skills
• Ability to analyze figures and make decisions based on information
• Mature and organized, with an attention to detail
• Direct marketing and relationship building experience
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office, internet and email
Qualifications / Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in any fields
• 1-2 year experience in coordination field and event planning.
• Good in communication and negotiation skills.
• Good in Ms. Excel and Word.
• Calm under pressure with a good service Mind and team player
• Problem-Solving Skills
• Ability to speak and write fluently in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Interested candidates are invited to write Letter of Introduction, explaining why you are qualified for the position and why you want to work for YAPPIKA-ActionAid. Send it along with your CV to email : email@example.com cc. firstname.lastname@example.org deadline for sending CVs until October 13, 2020.