Lead and strategically supervise YAPPIKA ActionAid humanitarian programme as Protection Supervisor. Ensure effective operationalisation of the Protection Programme as planned with Partners and in coordination with I/NGOs, government stakeholders, and communities YAPPIKA ActionAid works with.
This is a short-term post with a high possibility to be extended.
The post reports to: ERR Programme Coordinator.
Duty station: Palu, Central Sulawesi.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage in establishing strategic coordination with relevant stakeholders on the ground.
- Represent YAPPIKA ActionAid in the Protection Cluster and other coordination meetings.
- Ensure strategic relationship with resource organizations and groups to build capacity of partners.
- Ensure quality standards are met ensuring safety, dignity and meaningful access for targeted women and girls in the protection activities.
- Contribute in the strategic plans of the organization to ground protection programme at community levels.
- As protection supervisor provide technical inputs, guidance and support to partners in standalone protection activities as well as protection mainstreaming across other relevant sectors as per partners focus.
- Ensure protection programme achieves activities and results as planned.
- Contribute in mainstreaming women led community based protection as a niche of YAPPIKA-ActionAid.
- Ensure close monitoring of the protection programme to provide required information to the organization, identify gaps and plan support where required.
- Engage in evidence based Policy/Advocacy work in collaboration with Programme team of YAPPIKA-ActionAid locally and nationally.
- Build capacity of team and partners on ‘Protection” so team has clear and meaningful understanding of ‘Protection in a humanitarian context’ more specifically ‘Women Led Community Based Protection.’
- Ensure proactive planning and strategy development of ‘Protection Engagement’ in the changing context of the emergency.
- Contribute in effective documentation of YAPPIKA-ActionAid Protection approach, methodologies, and processes.
Working with Partners
- Facilitate effective implementation of the protection programme as planned to achieve expected results.
- Coach, guide and mentor partner’s protection team and ensure their capacity development.
- Ensure establishment of ‘Women Friendly Space’ in Palu, Donggala and Sigi.
- Ensure clear SOP is in place for ‘Women Friendly Space.’
- Ensure quality protection services are provided by partners.
- Facilitate partners to develop effective strategies and approaches to raise awareness on protection issues and for women & girls to access ‘Women Friendly Space.’
- Facilitate partners to implement participatory approach to identify materials required to be included in ‘Dignity Kits’ and inclusion of community women in the management and distribution of the kits.
- Plan with partners to implement awareness building on GBV at community levels.
- Support partners to identify women focal points from communities and build their capacity.
- Facilitate partners to link up with service organizations at the local level to enhance the protection programme.
Networking and participation in external platforms & Forums
- Attend cluster/coordination meetings locally and nationally when required.
- Ensure participation of Partner’s representatives in cluster/coordination meeting on Protection.
- Participate in meetings with relevant government ministries and other stakeholder as required.
- Ensure Humanitarian Team has clear understanding of protection programme and safeguarding measures and relevant policies.
- Mainstreaming of Transparency & Accountability systems, tools and mechanism.
- Assure AA values, principles and HRBA is mainstreamed in the programme.
- Provide guidance, mentoring and support to team members and organize capacity building initiatives to meet gaps.
- Mobilize interns/volunteers strategically to meet the needs of the Protection Programme in consultation with the ER Programme Coordinator.
Partners, Programme coordinator, Head of Programme, Finance, Fundraising and Communication Teams
UN Clusters, Peer organizations, Govt. Stakeholders and existing networks/forums
- Relevant academic background in Social Work, Psychology or development.
- At least three year of experience in Protection and Humanitarian engagement preferably in an emergency context.
- Good understanding of Humanitarian Aid structure globally and nationally.
- People’s management skills and ability to build excellent rapport with partners and stakeholders.
- A team player and able to build a strong team to achieve the envisioned goals and objectives.
- Have grounded understanding of emergencies and protection issues of people affected by a disaster.
- Demonstrated strong skills in partnership development, supervision and empowering local partners and communities.
- Supervision work in not for profit programmes with a Human Rights Based Approach.
- Good people’s skills and team work experience.
- Excellent supervision and communication skills with strong sense of team spirit
- Excellent interpersonal communication/negotiation skills both in written/oral local language and basic English speaking.
- Result oriented person; ability to manage multiple tasks, work under pressure and meeting of deadlines.
- The candidates should have personal qualities such as mutual respect, equity and justice, honesty and transparency, solidarity with the poor, courage of conviction, independence, humility
HOW TO APPLY
Submit curriculum vitae with motivation letter by e-mail to: email@example.com.
Include “Protection Supervisor” in subject line of email message.
Deadline for Applications is 8 December 2018.