Job Title: Psychosocial Support Worker
Contract duration: Short term.
Reporting to: Programme Coordinator.
- Plan and implement psychosocial support activities in the centers in a participatory manner.
- Develop well-structured plans for all psychosocial support activities (protection, empowerment, and recreational activities etc.).
- Ensure coordination with the Psychosocial counsellor, protection coordinator, and relevant PSSWG staffs. Also follow up the cases that require further support.
- Conduct group meetings and brainstorming sessions with beneficiaries for PSS related activities.
- Build the capacities of community volunteers to facilitate participatory and inclusive activities.
- Develop and submit weekly and monthly progress reports against plan.
- Contribute to data entry and data analysis.
- Support in ensuring that protection issues are mainstreamed in all PSS activities and that activities are in line with YAPPIKA-AA Policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Accountability Principles.
- Participate in capacity building events relevant to the line of work.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, social sciences, human rights, development or a relevant equivalent;
- Tertiary qualifications in psychology, social work, social sciences, mental health, sociology or relevant equivalent experience;
- At least 1 year experience in implementing psychosocial support group and individual activities in a humanitarian context.
- Excellent knowledge of Protection and GVB minimum standards and basic principles.
- Trained in Mental Health and Psychosocial Counseling with emphasis on Sexual and Gender Based Violence is desirable.
- Excellent Knowledge of psychosocial support basic principles and PSS key message to vulnerable children and caregivers.
Additional Job requirements:
- This position is only for women.
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia required and functional English desired.
- Able to Communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with humility and courteousness with the persons of concern.
- Experience of dealing with and confidential information and managing confidentiality.
- Ability to be adaptive to emergency and difficult situation, to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit curriculum vitae with motivation letter by e-mail to: email@example.com. with “PSS Worker” in subject line of email message.
Please include two reference persons (name, job, e-mail & phone number).
Deadline for Applications is 5 January 2019.