YAPPIKA-ActionAid is a non-profit organization working to help build and protect civil society and promote human rights in Indonesia. In addition to advocacy and support, YAPPIKA-ActionAid also oversees several service programs both directly and with local partners that benefit underserved populations, including children, women, and excluded minorities. YAPPIKA-ActionAid is a member of ActionAid International, a global network of national office and partners working with over 15 million people in 45 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice.
Purpose of the Role
Data Analysis and Database Officer will be responsible to provide analysis of various fundraising channel performance and utilize CRM software to create a ready to use data for the department. The Data Analysis and Database Officer will be in charge to develop reports to support decisions in business and strategic level, also design and optimize business processes to enhance the performance of fundraising unit of YAPPIKA-ActionAid. The role requires a high level of professionalism, excellent numeracy and computer skills, attention to detail, good analysis skills and an ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Job title: Data Analyst and Database Officer
Contract type: 1-year contract and possibly to be extended based on the performance
Report to: Donor Retention Coordinator
Duty Station: Jakarta
Team and Department: Donor Retention Team, Fundraising Unit (Individual Giving)
Key tasks and responsibilities
• Develop and manage metrics and benchmarks to evaluate the fundraising performance on the different channels and campaigns.
• Collect, consolidate, analyze, reconcile, and extract data from CRM and provide insights on the results.
• Support the fundraising team in the forecasting process by providing data analysis and business recommendations.
• Along with the Retention Coordinator, communicate with internal colleagues to capture business needs and gather business requirements by other fundraising department.
• Provide analysis, insights, tools, and recommendations that address the needs identified.
• Ensures data protection policies are applied in all data base management.
Monitoring and reporting:
• Develop dashboards to support senior management decision making.
• Design and prepare custom reports to meet users and management needs, based on the analysis done and the data extracted from the CRM or coming from other suppliers’ reports.
• Generate reports to facilitate the smooth functioning and monitoring of day to day activities, including assistant to other fundraising divisions on data analysis.
• Generate reports on fundraising performance in a monthly basis and support the Finance department in the preparation of income and expenditure reports.
• Liaise with the Head of Individual Giving, FR Director, and other colleagues in ActionAid International Federation to prepare periodic reports for the Global Secretariat.
Process Design and Optimization:
• Develops, implements, monitors, and evaluates data processing journey to optimize the data management, support a correct data analysis, and prevent fraud cases.
• Analyze the existing data processing in the different teams in the fundraising department to support the seamless business processes both acquisition and retention.
• Provide guidance and support to the fundraising department in the design, development, and implementation of data processing.
• Support the staff and teams in the implementation of the recommended changes, including helping and training the business processes and database users.
CRM Solutions Development, Implementation, and Management:
• Support for setting up new CRM and lead data migration process.
• Identify and recommend the processes, IT solutions, and CRM customizations required to introduce/implement the recommendations.
• Ensure data integrity in the CRM by maintaining tables, revising reports, and handling data imports.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders for the set-up and implementation of a new CRM software.
Knowledge and experience
• Bachelor Degree in engineering, mathematics, economy, business administration, research methods, finance, or related disciplines
• Advanced analytical and quantitative skills, proficient in interpretation and analysis of financial reports
• 2-3 years of experience in analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions by using data visualization techniques and tools
• Experience in handling large datasets.
• Substantial knowledge in generating documented workflow process.
• Problem-solving skills with data driven mindset
Skills and abilities
• Excellent analytical skills with evidence-based approach
• A strong understanding in business process and development
• An interest in marketing and fundraising for the no-profit sector. Have experience working in fundraising area will be an advantage.
• Curious mindset; should have an internal drive to answer ‘why questions’
• Ability to successfully convey complex information clearly and succinctly to non-expert audiences
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to talk to and present to a range of audiences, both in Bahasa and English
• Advance technology utilization
• The ability to work under pressure on multiple projects within project timeframes
• A passion for creating solutions with a positive attitude to change
How to Apply
Please submit your CV together with a Motivation Letter by e-mail to email@example.com and include the code “DAO” in the subject line. All the applications should be in English. Deadline of application at 21st October 2020.