YAPPIKA-ActionAid is a non-profit organization working to help build and protect civil society and promote human rights in Indonesia. In addition to advocacy and support, YAPPIKA-ActionAid also oversees several service programs both directly and with local partners that benefit underserved populations, including children, women, and excluded minorities. YAPPIKA-ActionAid is a member of ActionAid International, a global network of national office and partners working with over 15 million people in 45 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice.
This position reporting to the Head of Individual Giving and working across the organization, the Donor Retention Coordinator will design processing flow and create donor journey for regular individual donors as a strategy to maintain profile of YAPPIKA-ActionAid Indonesia with various programs in the area of advocacy, campaign, and community empowerment. The Donor Retention Coordinator in his/her capacity is responsible to deliver a highly ambitious retention strategy focusing on optimizing an unrestricted income from individual giving.
Key elements of the strategy will include:
• Develop engagement strategy for individual donors YAPPIKA-ActionAid
• Maintain a secure funding base from regular donors
• Grow the number and value of regular donors through integrated campaigns
• Ensure processing flow running smoothly in a timely manner
• Communicate with all parties involved in database and processing
• Ensure all resources is used as efficiently as possible and income opportunities are maximized
We are willing to offer a competitive salary, experience to work on the development of a professional database management system, opportunity to travel around Indonesia, and contribute to building capacities in back-office management for individual supporters leading to a real change for marginalized and uncounted people.
The Post Reports To : Head of Individual Giving
Duty Station : Jakarta
Direct Report : Donor Care Officer, Donor Relation Officer, Donor Comms. & Content Creative Officer, Data Analysis & Database Officer
Work With : Fundraising Team & Program Development Team
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Donor Journey & Communication
• Provide strategic and practical work on donor relationship, donor retention and development, and to enable YAPPIKA-ActionAid to maximize fundraising income and supporter retention
• Develop donor communications strategies and plans in building long-term relationships to generate maximum donor lifetime value and retention.
• Develop and implement a strong supporter journey plan for all individual supporters, which ensures a seamless transition from supporter acquisition to retention
• Work with the fundraising team to maximise donor income and achieve annual budgets and KPI objectives by implementing donor loyalty strategies and programs
• Build solid prospect management and donor loyalty programs to support the growth of revenue generated fundraising
• Liaise with internal departments to gain approval of retention strategies
• Manage the “upgrade” and “reactivation” campaign by telemarketing programs, including daily reporting, reviewing and motivating an external agency to deliver results.
• Develop and manage a best in class donor servicing function with responsibility for the correct processing of donor payments
• Maximizing potential donor income from existing donor database by testing special appeal programs
• Ensure all materials are in line with YAPPIKA-ActionAid brand guidelines and reflect its mission and values.
• Oversee and handling of all fundraising complaints, ensuring prompt investigation and management of responses, ensuring the appropriate level of management involvement as necessary
• Lead, motivate and manage the donor retention team in line with organizational objectives, ensuring that staff are developed effectively and that their time is allocated for maximum impact. Continuous monitoring of donor giving patterns and drop-off rates, reporting on patterns and using analysis to guide future campaigns.
• Engage with suppliers and vendors for the procurement of the products and services necessary for a successful implementation of your recommendations.
• Liaise with banks to ensure correct and timely payment processing based on donor data from suppliers.
• Budget development and management that meet with YAPPIKA-ActionAid’s financial policies.
Analysis & Database
• Monitors, measures, and evaluates donor retention program and appeals to ensure agreed ROI is achieved
• Oversees the creation of donor journey and behavioural analytics and reporting of YAA’s donors
• Develops and oversees backend systems and processes to support all aspects of funds development; develop tools for tracking fundraising revenue and donor prospects.
• Develop a Donor Retention and Development budget submission and responsible for all expenditure, ensuring delivery of plans in line with the allocated budget.
• Oversees and ensures the data protection of all donors by evaluating regularly.
• Oversees the Data Analyst in generating reports on fundraising performance in monthly basis
• Liaise with the FR Director and other colleagues in ActionAid International Federation to prepare periodic reports for the Global Secretariat.
• Communicate the benefits of your recommendations across departments and help to address any uncertainty and concern.
• A minimum of 3 years of management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including experience in the development and implementation of retention strategic and plans
• Minimum 3-year experience managing Donor Retention operation for nonprofit organization
• Experience of development and execution of donor retention strategy
• Proven track record in developing donor retention plans which lead to optimizing revenue from YAA’s donor
• Excellent experience of computerized accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines
• Ability to build a supportive, proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively with colleagues and providing support and advice as necessary
• A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment
• Written and verbal fluency in English and Indonesia
• Time management skills, task and record management skills, and public speaking skills
• Ability to work independently without direct supervision
• Ability to use numbers to support all fundraising decisions
• Ability to accurately analyze data and make decisions based on information
• Familiar with CRM tools and database management system
How to Apply
Please submit your CV together with a Motivation Letter by e-mail to email@example.com and include the code “DRC” in the subject line. All the applications should be in English. Deadline of application at 23rd November 2020.