VACANCY: HEAD OF INDIVIDUAL GIVING
YAPPIKA-ActionAid is a non-profit organization working to help build and protect civil society and promote human rights in Indonesia. In addition to advocacy and support, YAPPIKA-ActionAid also oversees several service programs both directly and with local partners that benefit underserved populations, including children and excluded minorities. YAPPIKA-ActionAid is a member of ActionAid International, a global network of national offices and partners working with over 15 million people in 45 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice.
YAPPIKA-ActionAid is seeking a Head of Individual Giving to lead an individual giving of fundraising program that includes in-house face-to-face fundraising, outsourced (external vendor) face-to-face fundraising, donor retention, donor loyalty program, donor analysis, digital fundraising and leads conversion, and other potential sources of individual giving of fundraising. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable and experienced about fundraising or a closely related marketing activity (for example, direct sales), who is expected to provide strong leadership in implementing YAPPIKA-ActionAid’s 10-Year Fundraising Strategy and Plan (2016-2025). The fundraising target for 2020 is the recruitment of 6.500 new regular donors, with adequate budget available for new donor acquisition, donor retention, and support services.
The focus will be on acquiring donors who make contributions on a regular basis (primarily monthly). Current channels and products should deliver a targeted Return on Investment (ROI) to raise substantial funds to support YAPPIKA-ActionAid programs. This position will also require overseeing the development and testing of new acquisition channels and fundraising products.
This is a long-term post with a starting contract of one year. Candidate should be a self-starting, motivated and confident individual who brings the required skills in the key areas outlined below.
|The Post Report to||:||Fundraising Director|
|Direct Report||:||National F2F Coordinator, Donor Retention & Analysis Coordinator, Digital Fundraising & Leads Conversion Coordinator, F2F Trainer & Development Consultant, F2F Agencies|
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
Fundraising Program Delivery
- With Fundraising Director, develop fundraising strategy and projection in the area of individual giving for annual and long term purposes.
- Responsible for delivery of fundraising targets under her/his management.
- With FR Director and staff, ensure systems are in place to manage donor acquisition, donor relations, including supporter services, financial processing, financial reporting, and databases.
- Test new channels for recruiting supporters or raising funds.
- Test and develop appropriate fundraising products.
- With fundraising staff, ensure constant monitoring and refining of a supporter retention strategy.
- Ensure fundraising activities comply with relevant legal regulations.
- Ensure fundraising activities reflect the values of YAPPIKA-ActionAid and its programs.
- Share skills and information with ActionAid International Fundraising Teams and other sections.
- Lead a fundraising team of 5 (head of key fundraising areas – coordinator and manager level), including regular supervision sessions and appraisals, to reach the targeted fundraising goals for each year.
- Contribute to key strategic organizational goals of YAPPIKA-ActionAid and its fundraising activities.
- Develop, manage or oversee relationships and contracts with external suppliers.
- Report regularly on the performance of the fundraising team to Fundraising Director.
- Work to increase fundraising program performance across all channels.
- Monitor all activities against targets and key performance indicators.
- Together with FR Director, develop an annual expense budget and income projections.
- Monitor results against planning, advise management of significant deviations.
- Provide regular reporting on the progress of fundraising plan and budget (weekly and monthly).
- Identify and develop opportunities to increase income and improve cost efficiency.
- With FR Director, work with YAPPIKA-ActionAid Senior Staff in long-term Strategic Planning.
- At least four (4) years of experience in marketing, communications and/or fundraising, at least two (2) of those managing marketing and/or fundraising operations or teams.
- Experience should also include donor recruitment or customer sales using direct sales channels.
- Marketing-related financial management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency in the use of standard computer software (Microsoft Office).
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia (strong written and spoken) and English (middle skills in written and spoken).
- Commitment to YAPPIKA-ActionAid’s mission, vision, work and values.
- Positive work attitude, and ability to work in a team setting.
- Proven success in fundraising in the civil society/international NGO environment.
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in Marketing or related field.
- Experience in managing customer service or loyalty programs.
- Experience in managing external agencies.
HOW TO APPLY
- – Submit CV with Motivation Letter by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- – Include words “Head of Individual Giving” in Subject line of email message
- – Aplications in English (preferred) or Bahasa Indonesia.
Deadline for Applications is 22 June 2020.