Please note this statement is for information only and does not form part of a contract. This list is not exhaustive and you will be expected to undertake such duties as may be assigned to you by YAPPIKA-ActionAid from time to time. Employees are expected to be flexible in their work in order to deliver the objectives of the organisation.
|Job title||Official Partnership Manager|
|Contract type||Fix contract (1 year and possibly to be extended base on the performance)|
|Reporting to||Executive Director|
|Collaborating with||Programme Division and Finance Division|
Purpose of the Role
YAPPIKA is a non-profit organisation in Indonesia that works towards establishment of civil society that is independent in its fight for democracy and human rights. In the mid of 2016, YAPPIKA joint ActionAid International Federation, a global organisation, working with over 15 million people in 45 countries for a world free form poverty and injustice.
The Official Partnership Manager will work at a strategic and operational level to generate and ultimately increase programme funding income for work undertaken by YAPPIKA-ActionAid and its local partners through effective management of relationships with institutional donors, including international agencies, foundations, and also other government donors.
Key tasks and responsibilities
Proposal development for international agencies, foundations, and other government donors:
- Research new international agencies, foundations, and other government donors and prepare funding applications to the highest standard working closely with colleagues in YAPPIKA-ActionAid and implementing partners.
- Work closely with the Executive Director, to keep abreast of donor intelligence about upcoming opportunities and funding streams and provide surge support where required.
- Lead proposal development for international agencies, foundations, and other government donors.
- Liaise regularly with key staff in the International Partnership Development team and key staff in other ActionAid countries to seek funding opportunities and develop project proposals.
- Participate in donor assessments, endeavouring to respond to any donor requests or questions in a timely manner, and in a way to further strengthen the relationshi
- Develop and implement relevant donor funding strategies in line with YAPPIKA-ActionAid Strategy, as well as work with the Executive Director and Programme colleagues to implement funding strategies and plans.
- Seek, initiate and act on opportunities to strategically engage, involve and develop YAPPIKA-ActionAid’s relationship with institutional donors, including opportunities for donor engagement with key YAPPIKA-ActionAid programme staff.
- Raise the profile of YAPPIKA-ActionAid work and leverage influence and funding from institutional donors.
- Keep up to date with institutional donors policies, application and reporting and compliance processes, and share information with YAPPIKA-ActionAid colleagues and implementing partners.
Donor contract management:
- Lead grant negotiations with institutional donors as required and act as the key point of contact throughout the life of the contract.
- Work with YAPPIKA-ActionAid programme staff to supervise the contract inception stage to ensure all stakeholders are able to meet and adhere to donor rules and regulations, including delivering contract inception.
- Oversee the contract management of institutional donor-funded grants by working in partnership with YAPPIKA-ActionAid programme colleagues and partners.
- Build the capacity of YAPPIKA-ActionAid programme staff to contract manage to a high standard, including excellent monitoring and evaluation and timely donor reporting, through training and ongoing advice and mentori
- Engage with NGO networks through participation in working groups and other forums to influence donor funding policy and practice.
- Participate in monitoring visit to donor-funded projects.
Knowledge and experience
- Experience of developing and implementing successful programme funding strategies and of delivering income against targets.
- Proven experience of securing funding from large foundations and institutional donors such as EC, USAID, DFAT, and other government donors.
- Solid experience of establishing and cultivating strong donor relationships that have delivered substantially increased income.
- Applied knowledge of project cycle management including problem analysis, project design, financial planning and management, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience of supervising/leading/managing narrative and financial reporting for institutional donor
- Sound knowledge of a variety of donor rules, financial control procedures and risk managem
- Good understanding of international development issues, including public services (education, health, etc.), democratic governance, and women’s rights.
- Strong commitment to YAPPIKA-ActionAid’s mission, vision and val
Skills and abilities
- Ability to interpret and analyse complex information from a range of sources and present to a donor in a detailed and accurate way.
- Proven facilitation, training and capacity building skills, ideally in supporting partners or colleague
- The numerical ability to analyse financial information, budget and monitor cost
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, with excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to think and work proactively, creatively and strategically under pressure or when faced with competing demands.
- Ability to work well in a team and cross-organisationally, establishing excellent relationships with colleagues from different functions and cultures across YAPPIKA-ActionAid working areas and the ActionAid Federation.
- Ability to travel to remote areas of Indonesia.
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office
Contract & Remuneration
This is a 12 months full-time contract for a senior level post, renewable. We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package, dependent on experience.
How to Apply
If you are interested and meet the criteria, send your CV and motivation cover letter to email@example.com with a subject “Official Partnership Manager”. You are requested to highlight in the motivation letter how specifically you meet the criteria for this role.
Closing date for application: Monday, September 18, 2017.
Successful applicants will be informed within two weeks of the closing date and invited for written test and interview. Should you not have received feedback on your application within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.